Friday, September 23, 2011

Into the Woods

Steve and I are going camping this weekend with some friends. I'm excited to get away for a couple days, enjoy the campfire and s'mores, and the state park we are camping in is supposed to have amazing hiking trails and gorgeous views (especially if leaves have started changing!). Being late September though, it's going to get pretty cold in the evenings so I will be packing lots of layers, but that doesn't mean I need to sacrifice all style. Below are some pretty cute options for my inner outdoorsy girl (and by outdoorsy, I mean we are probably bringing our Aerobed to put in our tent).




Clockwise from top:
• fair isle sweater by BB Dakota, $74 (available on ModCloth)
J. Crew henley, $36
• fleece lined wellies from Topshop, $85
Gap 1969 corduroy leggings, $59
• cargo vest from Old Navy, $25

• canvas backpack from Urban Outfitters, $69

Oh! P.S., Since bringing s'more fixings was my job, I thought I'd go gourmet and make homemade marshmallows! It was surprisingly easy and they turned out pretty well (well, we'll see how they toast over a campfire). I'll share the recipe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment