Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday's look — a cool end to summer


Beth Nelson outfit

Chicago style

fall style

The goods:
• peach lace chiffon dress, American Apparel (with AA nude slip underneath)
• black jacket, Forever21
• black opaque tights by Hue from Nordstrom Rack (every year I pick up a few pairs from the Rack, they have tons and for pretty cheap)
• black wedge booties from Nine West



There aren't many items in my closet that can't make the transition from season to season. When autumn came a day early today, I grabbed one of my lightest sundresses and just added black tights and a jacket to make it fall-appropriate. Unless an article of clothing is linen, wool or another season-specific material, simply adding layers, the right shoes and accessories can keep something like a summer dress in the "year-round" section of my closet*

*I should mention I do not actually organize my closet this way, in fact, mine is way too packed to adhere to any rules really.

No comments:

Post a Comment