Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wednesday's look - B & W (and a teeny bit a turquoise)

Beth Nelson outfit

Beth Nelson outfit

Beth Nelson outfit

Beth Nelson outfit

The goods:
• shirt, pants and shoes: Forever 21 (I know what you're probably thinking, but Foreve's shoes are surprisingly comfortable! ... but at $20, it's probably a bonus that they haven't disintegrated off my feet yet)
• jacket from Urban Outfitters
• beaded necklace: flea market find
• rhinestone earrings, J.Crew
• jeweled bracelet and men's watch



Only in Chicago can you wear a skirt and sandals completely comfortably one day and be cold in pants and a jacket the next [insert split-second thought of moving to warmer weather]. But I'm alright with the dip since it means getting to wear fall clothes. I love being able to layer and create more of an ensemble, while extreme heat leaves you with few options beyond your thinnest sundress and adding even a couple bracelets could make your entire body sweat. With all the fall awesomeness to come, I will welcome bright pants, tailored coats, and of course the boots! How easily we get distracted from the fact temps are dropping fast when new clothes are in the picture.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this look! How I miss my daily in-person fashionable Beth spottings. This blog is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete