Monday, October 31, 2011

Haute Halloween


Coco Chanel style
photo of Coco Chanel from Pinterest

































I rarely shop for my Halloween costume, opting instead to create one from pieces I already own. This year I paid homage to the ever-classy Coco Chanel. All I added were these two toned pumps for $4, and the quilted leather bag with chain strap for $15, both found at the Salvation Army! Of course, the brown wig (on hand from past costumes), black hat and fake cigarette were key in completing my Coco costume. Happy Halloween!

Coco Chanel style

Chanel style

Chicago style

Chanel style



The goods:
tweed jacket with pearl trim from T.J.Maxx

• black sweater with white piping from H&M, with added black satin bow
• Mark Jacobs pencil skirt, found on sale for $45 at Bloomingdales
• vintage gold belt, pearl necklace and pearl bracelet from rummage sale
• black hat and pearl beads from Doolin's Party Supplies
• vintage gold cocktail ring from Vintage Underground
• quilted leather handbag and two-toned pumps from Salvation Army 
• vintage gold bangle and earrings, family heirlooms

1 comment: