Thursday, November 10, 2011

Secondhand Style


Chicago Vintage style

Chicago style

vintage style

vintage style


The goods:
• vintage white sheer blouse from Salvation Army
• leggy denim from J.Crew
• tan booties from Zara
• gold bangles from Banana Republic, J.Crew, IGWT, Barneys


Last year Steve and I waited until the very last minute to get our Halloween costumes. Since we weren't going to find anything in stock at costume shops, and we didn't feel like spending too much, we walked to our nearby Salvation Army to see what we could find. Steve went as Jarret the Goblin King from Labyrinth (his look turned out perfect - and hilarious!) and I was the female lead, Sarah. I needed her seriously 80's blouse/vest/jeans combo, all of which I was able to score there for just under $10! I grabbed this over-sized cream colored blouse for $2, and later realized, hey, it's kinda cool! The unfortunate vest and jeans, however, didn't fare so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment