Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Le Fromage Français


french style
photo from Hip Paris blog





















When we were in France, my favorite thing to do was grab a baguette, a bottle of Bordeaux, and a wheel of delicious Camembert cheese and take it to a park or back to our apartment ... okay, if I'm being honest, it's my favorite thing to do anytime, anywhere, and often. If my body could handle it, I would survive on cheese alone, in all of it's glorious forms.

Bonjour Paris recently posted a guide to selecting, tasting, and serving French cheeses (and how the heck to tell them apart!). For your holiday spread, some amazing choices are a good, oozy Camembert (let it sit out for 2-3 hours so it's nice and spreadable ... but word to the wise, don't take it with you shopping and store your purchases in the same bag, things get, well, stinky), a port salut (a mildly tangy, semi soft cow's cheese), and a good, bold blue like Roquefort. I say the more cheeses, the merrier ... you're supposed to indulge during the holidays, oui?


french style
cheese + bread + wine = french cliché




No comments:

Post a Comment