Thursday, December 8, 2011

Modern Midwestern


Chicago style

Beth Nelson style

Chicago style

Beth Nelson style

The goods:
• t-shirt and blue pleated skirt from H&M

• black cashmere cardigan by Aqua
• black tights from Nordstrom Rack
• black and leopard booties from Vince Camuto
• vintage gold belt from rummage sale
• IGWT gold bangle and Topshop leopard ring

Every time I wear this skirt I think I could either be ballroom dancing (I can totally picture it with some of those mary jane dance shoes) or drifting around the house like a 1950's housewife (again, probably in a similar low heeled shoe). Though I doubt any mid-century housewife would pair it with leopard print, let alone a t-shirt. What I love about graphic tees like this is that when layered, it becomes more of a texture rather than a recognizable image. So while a solid top is a safe classic, switching it out with a shirt like this makes it just slightly more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment