Friday, January 20, 2012

Bathing Beauties

While I was preparing for my jaunt to Florida this weekend, I was reminded of these gorgeous, vintage bathing beauties I spotted a while back. These photos were shot by Tom Palumbo, a fashion and celebrity photographer who shot for Harper's Bazaar and Vogue in the 50's and 60's. His portfolio runs the gamut – from fashion shoots in downtown Manhattan to haunting portraits of a young Mia Farrow. But it's his beach fashion shoots that I love most, with the amazing accessories and incredible use of light and color. 

Let's pretend, for a moment, that it's not mid-January in Chicago and we're on a beach somewhere ... (okay, you pretend and I'll get back to my Floridian vaca)

Tom Palumbo

Tom Palumbo

Tom Palumbo

Tom Palumbo

Tom Palumbo

Tom Palumbo


photos by Tom Palumbo,  from Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment