Last week my sister and I popped in to check out the Chicago outpost of BHLDN ... the dreamy site for everything wedding, brought to you by the stylish minds at Anthropologie. The downstairs displays gorgeous gowns and separates for bridesmaids while the upstairs is like a museum of vintage bridal wonder. Antiqued cases hold delicate antique jewels and accessories, a wall of busts display amazing headpieces, separate rooms show off whimsical decor and bridal intimates – and then the pièce de résistance – the gallery of gowns. Mannequins draped in silk crepe and beaded dresses stand about a room, each vintage-inspired dress topping the next. It's a must see for any bride to be ... or any bridal fashion fan.
The beholden goods, clockwise from top:
• Bridal headpieces pop against a bright blue wall
• The gallery of vintage-inspired gowns
• Shelves display vignettes of precious decor
• Mannequins don complete bridal looks
• Fancy footwear fills a window display
• Dreamy dresses are surrounded by rustic, vintage interiors
• Gorgeous bridal accessories range from vintage gloves and clutches to intricately beaded belts• Cake stands display whimsical confections and favors
8 East Walton St.