Friday, March 23, 2012

Homage to Mid Century


Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson style

Chicago Style

Chicago Style

The goods:
• tshirt from Nordstrom

• vintage jacket from Salvation Army
• dark denim from Forever21
• pumps from Aldo
• vintage earrings from rummage sale
• vintage clutch from McShane's Exchange
• bangle from Coach

As my own tribute to the mavens of Mad Men, I'm adding a modern spin to a few vintage finds. I'm donning this vintage swing jacket that I scored at Salvation Army for $3, and throwing in some accessories inspired by Betty and Joan, like these clip-on baubles and a sleek portfolio clutch. Pairing these items with skinny jeans and a clean ponytail keeps the look current instead of costume. I'm looking forward to pulling more inspiration (and getting my Don Draper fix!) during Sunday's premiere!

3 comments:

  1. The color combination here is amazing! And the swing coat is very fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Proof that patience pays off in places like Salvation Army :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely!! The sea foam color on your is gorgeous! Yay spring

    ReplyDelete