Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tie One On


Beth Nelson

Chicago Style

Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson

The goods:
• tank from J.Crew

• cardigan from Banana Republic
• skirt from Forever21
• shoes by Jessica Simpson
• vintage watch, earrings, and clutch
• cuff from Coach
• scarf, my mothers

Growing up, I loved rummaging through my mom's closet of accessories. She had belts in every color, beaded clutches and Bermuda bags, and a fantastic collection of scarves. What a fun accessory that we don't wear enough of – they come in every shape and color, can be tied into hair, around the neck, wrist or handbag for a super simple way to add a pop of color. Just now, I've made the decision to wear them more, even if it's stuffing one in my bag for a quick and easy way to change up an outfit after work.

Of course there are beautiful options in stores now, but I prefer to peruse vintage shops for retro inspired prints (and often better prices), like this geometric Givenchy, and this summery scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment