Friday, August 10, 2012

Bon Week-end!


louvre

What better way to start the weekend than with a little Paris-inspiration? On this day in 1793, the Musée du Louvre officially opened. It's such a gorgeous building, full of incredible details and amazing artwork (and an sneaky way of swallowing up your fave pair of sunglasses ... sigh). Until we can get back to visit, here are some fun activities in Chicago to keep us busy...

The Vintage Bazaar takes place again this Sunday ... because you can never have enough vintage home accessories! (and clothes, and jewels, and <fill-in-the-blank> ...)

• Timberland opens up shop on Michigan avenue today. I know what you're thinking "um, timberland? Like - the work boot"? Yeah, I know, but look! How cute are these waterproof boots and this field coat get me excited for fall.

• Speaking of fall, Ann Taylor has some great accessories out now - including this awesome cuff in my fave black and gold combo. I'm also totally in love with this bag, only dilemma is which color to get!?

• Can you believe it's already August?! If the weather holds up this weekend, snag a seat on the patio at Piccolo Sogno (only the most amazing outdoor space in the entire city – which I'm sure I've mentioned before). Once I'm back from Vegas (and not in a bikini everyday), I'm making a beeline for their stracci di farro (it includes truffle oil, need I say more?).
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

photo from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment