Friday, August 24, 2012

Have a Sweet Summer Weekend


summer

It's the last weekend of August already! Enjoy these remaining weeks of summer by heading to the beach, eating alfresco with friends, and soaking up the sun (before these days start getting shorter/darker/colder ... I know, I shouldn't speak of such things yet!)

• Steve and I are throwing on our best white ensembles and joining our friends at Saturday's Chicago In White dinner. The Parisian-inspired "pop-up" dinner is held in a secret location (we won't find out until we meet at a designated spot!). My friend and I scored tix last year as well and enjoyed a lovely white dinner in Daley Plaza. The event is sold out, but maybe try for tonight's equally achromatic Diner En Blanc.

• We still have a few weeks of warm weather, so sport all the short shorts you can (on the weekends, of course). These polka dot ones are super cute.

• Wouldn't this floral jumpsuit be sweet for a warm, summer dinner on Piccolo Sogno's patio? (I have yet to try a jumpsuit, but they always catch my eye).

• Steve and I cannot get enough of the plump, juicy blueberries this summer! I'd love to take advantage of the fleeting season by making these amazing looking blueberry crumb bars.

• Stock up on summer duds (and homegoods, accessories, and more) at the Last Call Sidewalk Sale this weekend in Wicker Park. Fave spots like Stitch, Penelope's, Eskell (and so. many. more!) are making room for fall merch. 
 
Have a fantastic weekend!

photo by Ali Mitton

No comments:

Post a Comment