Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Costume Couture


Chicago Stylist

The goods:
• blazer from Nordstrom

• shirt by Ralph Lauren
• black pants from J.Crew
• booties by Nine West
• men's tie from BCBG
• cross necklace from Forever21
• fingerless gloves from Claire's 
• vintage rings

After dressing as Coco Chanel last Halloween, it seemed fitting that I pay homage to the modern day mogul behind the fashion label. Karl Lagerfeld makes it all too easy to copy his look – his uniform of a black suit, stiff white collar, fingerless gloves and his signature white locks was easily plucked right out of my closet (save for the wig, of course). While I don't think Karl would sport Calvin Klein shades or an RL shirt, I would like to think he would approve of my classic costume ... at least I wore one Chanel item (even if it was only Mademoiselle perfume).

Check out this snapshot of a day in Lagerfeld's life which ran in Harper's Bazaar a few months back – pretty interesting (fresh bed sheets every single day, and his hair isn't actually white!).

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks - Turned out okay, especially considering I was able to pull pieces I already own!

    ReplyDelete