Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Our Wedding: What We Wore


Wedding

Today marks one month since Steve and I tied the knot! It feels like just yesterday, I remember every moment – how handsome Steve looked, how delicious the champagne tasted out of our glasses, and most of all, the smiling faces of everyone we know (so surreal!).

Steve and I kept our outfits a secret from each other (though I nearly slipped a few times, I was so excited about my look). Steve did own a tuxedo already, but wanted this outfit to be extra special, so he went to Nicholas Joseph on Grand Avenue to have one custom made. In true Steve fashion, he donned some swanky socks, and details like his gear-shift cufflinks and favorite watch.

Wedding

Wedding

My sisters, mom and I set out in search of my dress within a couple months of Steve and I getting engaged. Even though it was out of order, it was love at first sight when I spotted these nude glitter slingbacks at Nordstrom. I pointed and said "those are the shoes I will wear on my wedding day." Stashing these beauties away for almost two years was the hardest part!

Wedding

For my dress, I knew I wanted a slim silhouette in a soft fluid fabric. I hit a slew of beautiful bridal boutiques in the city, but settled on the reliable and lovely dresses at J.Crew (I love how thick and luxurious the fabrics are and the fine details of each gown). I decided on a headband in lieu of a veil, fashioning my own out of a necklace I found.

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

I wore vintage bracelets that I had collected from flea markets and vintage shops. One of my favorite things was carefully choosing vintage jewels for my sisters, sister-in-law, and my mother to go with their neutral-tone chiffon dresses (from Joanna August). I found some spectacular gold and rhinestone pieces at Vintage Underground on North Avenue. 

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Getting ready that day was a breeze ... my mom, sister and I strolled to Starbucks, popped in a bookstore (so I could grab some literature on French Polynesia since I hadn't had time to even think about the honeymoon yet!), and relaxed on the terrace in our hotel suite. I was so happy to spend the time with my family, sipping on some bubbly, and chatting while the very talented Frankie and Aga did our hair and make-up.

Next Up: Our First Look 

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Wedding photos! I can't believe how excited I was when this post popped on my reader :-)
    Looks like a dream, congratulations!!!

    -Kantz

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful Bride & Bridesmaids ever! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! Like the best dress-up party ever.

    ReplyDelete