Friday, January 18, 2013

Have a Sweet Weekend!

Lavender cake

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend, catching up on sleep, with friends, and my KitchenAid. Steve and I are terrible at making the time for home cooked meals, but I love the therapeutic act of baking on the weekends. I cannot wait to try this recipe for lavender "cheesecake" (anything in this floral flavor is fantastic in my book, but this decadent dish sounds extra amazing (plus It's made from all raw ingredients!)

Also ...
It's supposed to be a cold one here in Chicago so dress warmly - preferably in a cozy cashmere piece like this lovely winter white number from Theory (on sale!)

I don't know about you, but my skin has been taking a beating with this dry winter weather. This mask packs a moisturizing punch! Plus the black tea scent is heavenly and it goes on like silk (it's expensive, so ask a Sephora employee for a sample – it lasts two applications!).

I rediscovered the joy of brunch last weekend (after snagging the perfect fireside seat at RL). Next up, I'd love to try the newly opened Little Goat (sister restaurant to Girl & the Goat, located just across the street). Breakfast is served all day and I definitely want to see what "smoked fries" are all about!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Photo from Roost Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment