Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Snow Day!

snow day

To say it's cold out there today would be an understatement ... it's downright dangerous! Some schools and businesses are closed today, so I say hunker down and stay indoors. Put on a fire, some warm clothes and take advantage of your extended weekend with one of the following fun activities ...

• Make a big pot of chili and let it simmer until dinner. I love this recipe from Smitten Kitchen, which I always add more spice to.

• Finally take the time to perfect that pastry you've always wanted to try. I love french macarons, and they sure do take patience, but I received this for xmas which should make it a much less stressful process.

• I can never bring myself to toss my finished candles in the trash ... there's precious remnants of (expensive) wax in there! I found this tutorial for a layered candle with those leftovers (genius!).

• Why not make a little spa day out of this snow day? I like to start with a facial steam. Heat a pot of water on the stove (add a camomile teabag for a little aroma therapy), lean over the pot and drape a small towel over your head for about 5-10 minutes. Next apply a mask, and finish with a rich moisturizer.        

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment