Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Dr. Is In

original dr scholls

I came across a pair of original Dr. Scholl's the other day (when the weather was nice) and I must say they are quite comfy. I've always loved the simple design, the quality materials and the gold buckle across the foot, and I remembered years ago my mom telling me how Dr. Scholl's original sandals were designed to workout the legs. Well turns out she's right ... Dr. William Scholl was a podiatrist here in Chicago and designed the simple wood sandal in the 60's to maximize flexing and exercise the leg while walking (a way cuter alternative to those Sketcher sneakers). I love this classic shoe with slim jeans and a blouse when spring comes back and can't wait to pair it with a little white sundress this summer (or with short shorts as advertised!).

original dr scholls
Photos courtesy of Dr. Scholl's and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment