Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Few Days in Austin ...

Steve and I spent a few fantastic days in Austin, Texas. It was my first time there and it did not disappoint! I knew about the famed barbecue spots, that Austin was known for their live music (and, of course, the heat), but I was pleasantly surprised to find an array of amazing (and adorable) restaurants and some of the seriously hippest little boutiques. Check out some of my fave spots in this hot town ...      

Austin Texas
Perlas was our first stop for some beers and oysters. This spot had a gorgeous deck with lanterns, picnic tables, and delicious food.

Austin
Allens Boots was everything I imagined a western wear shop to be – the smell of rich leather greets you as soon as you walk in, and you can't leave without trying on at least a dozen cowboy hats.

Texas
Parts & Labour sells goods and gifts from local designers – from prints to tees, bags to home goods. I could not resist the amazing jewelry selection in back, and after some serious deliberation, left with an adorable gold necklace (cause I needed another).
Blackmail was one of the coolest shops I'd been in (anywhere). The shop is filled with predominantly black apparel in the coolest, edgy designs, and a smattering of amazing home goods and accessories.

Austin
Snack Bar has an awesome retro vibe on their comfortable covered patio. We loved their tasty beverages (but ogled the amazing looking dishes).

Austin Guide
Steve and I were lucky enough to have a place to stay in Austin, but if we needed accommodations, Hotel San Jose would be it! This adorable boutique hotel has an awesome private beer garden, semi-hidden pool, and one of the coolest (and busiest) coffee shops next door.
Austin eats
Elizabeth Street Cafe is yet another adorable restaurant, with amazing design, and even better banh mi sandwiches. You can easily drink away a couple hours sitting in their outdoor space (like we did).

Austin Guide
Of course two of my fave spots in Austin deal my drug of choice – sweets. Big Top Candy Shop is like heaven ... any and every type of candy you can dream up is here in this tiny shop (needless to say I ended up with a bellyache that night).
Hey Cupcake is the most adorable spot on this planet – the retro air stream deals out decadent desserts and has the most inviting retro tables on the block.


... other faves included La Barbecue for amazing (meaty) Texas eats, and Easy Tiger Beer Garden with easily the coolest outdoor space (complete with ping pong tables and strands of lights), and there are so many more recommendations I can't wait to hit up next time!

2 comments:

  1. I loooove Austin! Andrew is from there and his parents and best friends are still there. I love to visit!! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to hit you up for suggestions next time! What a fun town.

      Delete